Get a Lead on Your LeagueApps Launch: 3 Tips From a Launch Coach
By Brian Litvack
June 27, 2014
Before I get started, we’re a fan of the phrase ‘there is no such thing as a stupid question’ so let’s get this one out of the way: What does launch mean?
In business, launch is a word used to describe when a product is being released – or launched – into the market for public consumption. Coca-Cola launched their original cola in 1886. Ford launched the Model T in 1908. Mark Zuckerberg launched Facebook in 2004. When an organization has designed, built and tested a product and they’re ready to start selling it or have people use it, they launch it.
Launch is no different with LeagueApps – our launch service is designed to help your organization launch your new registration system and website.
My name is Bryan Esslinger and I execute and optimize the launch service at LeagueApps. I’ve helped hundreds of organizations through the LeagueApps launch process – from trampoline dodgeball leagues to little leagues to CrossFit competitions and everything in between. I’ve worked with all kinds of people – everyone from developers who’ve built their own software to volunteers with day jobs and no computer experience. I’ve also seen dozens of different organizational structures in all kinds of unique situations.
If there’s one thing that I’ve learned, it’s that each organization’s personnel and current situation is unique, but the formula for launching the right way on LeagueApps is always the same.
I’d like to take this opportunity to pull from my experience and share the top three ways to get the most out of your LeagueApps launch package:
1. Use the launch checklist (especially before your launch call)
- This is by far and away the #1 best thing you can do before your launch call – log in and start to use your account!
- Set aside 30 minutes to an hour before your launch call to get familiar with the console.
- Look around the console – look at the menu items and different settings on the site.
- Follow the steps in the launch checklist! The checklist is what launch is all about – it’s the focus of your launch call(s) and it’s the to do list for getting your site set up. Follow the checklist and you’ll be in great shape.
2. Be in front of a computer for your launch call(s)
- Buying a launch package gives you access to live screen share training – take advantage of this!
- You’re able to view your launch coach’s screen and / or your launch coach can view your screen if needed.
- Launch calls are all about live training so if you’re headed into your launch call and you don’t have access to a computer, stop and reschedule! You won’t be able to accomplish much if you’re not on a computer for the call.
3. Set hard but realistic deadlines
- LeagueApps is a sophisticated system with a lot of features, so it takes time and practice to get comfortable with it. With this in mind, it’s important to be realistic about your launch timeline / deadline.
- Set a hard date that you want to have everything completed by – that’ll help you accomplish it.
- If you don’t set a hard date then it’s almost a guarantee that the launch will take longer than it should.
- Do not rely on your launch coach to get started! The launch coach is there to help answer specific questions and troubleshoot issues that you can’t figure out on your own. Their ultimate goal is to teach you how to use the system on your own, so use your launch coach as a resource not a crutch.
In summary, LeagueApps is a self-serve software – which means that you have the freedom to configure, edit, maintain and manage all aspects of your LeagueApps account on your own. This is good news people! A lot of software companies out there control their customer’s accounts and require that any changes or updates go through their team. There are no strings attached with LeagueApps – you control everything, so embrace that!