LeagueApps 2019 Product Update Recap
By Jamie Hancock
December 18, 2019
As we approach the New Year, we want to highlight major updates and new features that were added to the LeagueApps platform over the course of 2019. Reflected in our values as a company, we always try to be students of the game—seeking feedback and acting on it to ensure that LeagueApps is a difference maker for your organization.
This year our efforts went towards enhancing the user experience, improving efficiencies, and offering greater flexibility for your organization. After all, our main objective is to equip you with the technology, tools, and community that you need to run and grow your organization.
Read our 2019 highlights below to make sure you are using the latest features from LeagueApps. If you have any questions about any of the updates, please contact us!
Our built-in payment gateway has exciting new additions. Streamlined financial reporting within LeagueApps allows your users to store a credit card for auto payment or connect a bank account as an additional payment method. And you no longer have to worry about a monthly bill for LeagueApps as transaction fees are auto-deducted at the time of payment.
- Bank Payments – This new feature—also known as “ACH”—is now available for accounts using LeagueApps Gateway, our built-in payment gateway. Bank payments are ideal for players without credit cards or those who prefer submitting checks or cash. Accepting bank payments through LeagueApps leads to more efficient collections, tracking, and reporting. Learn more.
- Extended Online Refund Window – LeagueApps Gateway accounts can now process online credit card refunds for up to 180 days after the transaction date. This was a highly requested update that will help improve the accuracy of your financial reports.
- LeagueApps Gateway Admin Permissions – Any admin role can now be granted access to a LeagueApps Gateway Dashboard. This permission is controlled using a checkbox on the Manage Admin Users page. When checked, the specific admin user can view and export all LeagueApps Gateway reports. Learn more.
- Transaction Detail Report Update – Bank Transfer ID and Bank Transfer Date have been added as data columns to the Transaction Detail Report Export. A valuable report for accounting reconciliation, it now has the most detailed view of transactions—including team level details, payment information, and bank transfer details—all in one view. Learn more.
*Contact us to switch to LeagueApps Gateway if you aren’t already using it, and to add Bank Payments to your account.
INVOICE & PAYMENT PLAN UPDATES
Invoice management and payment Plans are crucial to your organization and the best way to provide flexibility to your players. Therefore, we are committed to continually upgrading these LeagueApps offerings. You can increase efficiency by taking advantage of the upgrades made to payment plans and invoices in 2019.
- Invoice Restyle – We’ve optimized the look and feel of the invoice page from the management console, reducing the amount of text and clutter. All invoice actions are grouped under a new “Actions” dropdown menu in the top right corner. Learn more!
- Player Moves & Invoices – We enhanced our player move tool to allow a choice of adjusting invoice(s) when moving or bulk moving players between programs with different pricing. Learn more.
- New Invoice Action: Apply Credit – Admins are now equipped with a new invoice action to help them collect and manage their payments. Selecting “Apply Credit” automatically deducts from a member’s credit balance and decreases the amount due in an invoice. Learn more.
- New Invoice Action: Disable “Require AutoPay” – Any invoice that is tied to an AutoPay payment plan now has a “Disable AutoPay” button that’s visible to LeagueApps admins only—for times when a player wants to opt out of AutoPay. Learn more.
- New Invoice Action: Apply Partial Payments – LeagueApps Admin users can now type in an amount to pay toward the Total Amount Due using the Pay Now invoice tool. Learn more.
- Copy Payment Plans – Streamline payment plan setup and save time each season by copying all settings and installments from previously created plans. Learn more.
- Store Credit Card Without Charging It – Enable Auto Pay without requiring the first installment payment to be submitted during registration. A “Save Payment Method Only” button will now appear to the registrant on the payment step. Learn more.
Calendars and Rosters are integral parts of Team Management. Based on feedback we collected from organizers like you, we introduced two new features in 2019 for Calendar Imports and Invoice Status visibility for team staff.
- Calendar Event Import – The schedule import tool can now import calendar events in addition to importing games. This new import capability is perfect for practice and scrimmage schedules and will save you hours when it comes time to scheduling. Learn more.
- Staff Only Access to Invoice Statuses on Team Roster – If you need your coaches or team staff to see player’s invoice information you can now add that to your program’s team roster settings! The invoices status can only be made visible to registered staff members. This new setting can help you collect 100% of your payments, by enlisting the help of your coaching staff. Learn more.
*Contact us if you are interested in upgrading to the new LeagueApps roster.
In December, we launched the LeagueApps Integration Center—a new extension of LeagueApps that can connect popular tools and platforms with your LeagueApps account. The Integration Center provides seamless access to third-party sports tech tools and business apps in order to save you time and operate more efficiently.
- Mailchimp – This email marketing automation and CRM tool can help grow your organization. From the LeagueApps Integration Center you will be able to automatically push registrant data from LeagueApps directly into a Mailchimp account and a specific distribution audience. Learn more.
- SportsRecruits – A platform that provides trusted and accurate data around your recruiting process. From a SportsRecruits Account, you can connect to a LeagueApps Account to automatically push Team & Registrant data directly into SportsRecruits. Learn more.
- Exposure Events – Advanced scheduling tools and apps for tournaments. From an Exposure Events Account, you can connect to a LeagueApps Account to automatically push Team, Division and Player data directly into Events and Tournaments that are set up within Exposure’s app. Learn more.
- Zapier – Connect your LeagueApps account and data to thousands of business tools such as CRMs, Marketing Automation tools, Google Suite and much more. Learn more.
Thank you for all of your support in 2019! We are excited for what 2020 has in store for the LeagueApps community and platform. We are constantly exploring ways to improve LeagueApps by adding and updating features to make your life easier as a sports organizer. Enhancements are posted here on a rolling basis. If you have any questions, our Help Center is a valuable resource for quick answers and our support team is available 365 days of the year.