Advice From Ripken Baseball for Building a New Youth Sports Website
By Melissa Wickes
June 22, 2022
You’re a leader in youth sports, not a web designer. Why would you want to spend your valuable and precious time researching, designing, and creating a website that may not even result in more customers? Luckily, you don’t have to go to the trouble. During our upcoming webinar, we’re addressing the top five areas of youth sports website development—audience, design, content, optimization, and engagement—so youth sports leaders like you can easily create (or update existing) websites that will convert leads into paying customers.
We’ll be sitting down with Jon Rowland, Senior Manager of Marketing at Ripken Baseball during a free webinar on June 28th to discuss his top tips for building a youth sports website—the tips that helped his team collaborate with our Design Shop to create this amazing website. Across its facilities, clinics, and tournaments, Ripken Baseball hosts more than 120,000 participants and 350,000 guests from all 50 states and 12 countries annually—and a huge part of that is thanks to their quality website. Here’s what to expect from the webinar.
How to determine when it’s time for a new website
- Jon will discuss the updates he was looking to make in his new website, what he felt was missing from his existing website, and what problems he wanted to solve with his new website. This will be helpful in determining what your new website goals should be.
How to speak to your target audience when building your website
- Addressing your ideal audience on every page of your website is crucial, but not always easy. Jon will go into more detail about how Ripken and the LeagueApps Design Shop was able to do so with the new ripkenbaseball.com.
How to craft your organization’s story through layout, content, and visual branding
- A huge part of creating a strong brand for your organization is storytelling and design. We’ll discuss top strategies for building a visually engaging website with content that properly represents your organization.
How to smoothly transition from your old website to a new and improved one
- With any organization, a back end and front end transfer of website data to your new website can mean a huge lift. Jon will discuss how Design Shop helped make this process smoother and what the transition looked like so you can prepare for your own.
How to think through SEO strategy and optimization
- A rock-solid SEO strategy and optimized landing pages will help get your website to the first page of desired search results on Google. During the webinar, Jon will get into the SEO strategies Ripken and the Design Shop used to properly optimize their website—many of which you can utilize on your own website easily.
How to optimize your website for mobile
- It’s crucial that your website is mobile friendly in 2022—but you may not know how to go about this. We’ll get into the weeds of mobile optimization with Jon.
What it was like working with LeagueApps’ Design Shop
- Ripken partnered with the LeagueApps Design Shop to make their new website—which operates for more than 120,000 participants and 350,000 guests from all 50 states and 12 countries annually—a reality. Jon will give his honest feedback about what working with the Design Shop was like for Ripken Baseball.