Expand Your Organization by Simplifying Private Lesson Registration
By Melissa Wickes
January 13, 2022
Are you open to launching a new program that can help grow your organization, improve the talent of your players, and provide extra opportunities for your coaching staff? Consider private lessons. This additional training gives your players gain access to individualized instruction that can take their game to the next level. Not to mention, your coaching staff can work with players who want the extra help and earn extra money during the offseason (or any time that is convenient for them!). Think of the impact offering lessons can have on your organization. Not only can lessons help offset high operational costs and revenue seasonality, but they can also attract new players and coaches, as well.
Keep in mind, however, private lessons are short-term and frequent, so it can be a lot to manage. Many sports organizers manage lessons and training offline, using a google calendar and texting and emailing back and forth with the player and coach. This can complicate the process and cause miscommunication between coaches, players, and parents regarding location and thing (and even payment collection!).
We talked to the owners of hundreds of sports programs to find a better way to streamline the management of private sports lessons. Here’s a simplified look at the youth sports registration process we offer our customers for private lessons, for both the program and player.
Through LeagueApps’ Booking feature, organizers can easily accept youth sports registration and payment for different types of bookings (lessons, training, reservations). It’s an easy-to-use tool with a streamlined setup and an enhanced registration experience for parents and players.
- Set templates to expedite program setup by predefining common settings such as price and capacity limits
- Assign an instructor or coach to a specific time slot–This lets a player search for a lesson with a specific instructor and the instructor or coach can view and manage their lessons from their online dashboard.
- Integrate Bookings seamlessly with your LeagueApps Site calendar, so all lessons are automatically sent to your calendar where players can view upcoming lessons, directly register, and receive reminder notifications.
Enhanced Youth Sports Registration Experience
We know parents and players like options, so we created multiple views (both a list and a calendar view) to help them find the lesson they are looking for. Powerful filtering tools let players search for a specific date, location, and even their favorite coach. With a shopping cart style check-out, a player can book a whole season of lessons at once, by adding as many timeslots as they’d like before submitting payment.
Take Your Lessons Online
Sports lessons managed offline lead to missed opportunities. Players may not know you offer this additional service, or there can be confusion around availability, location, timing, and gaps in payment collection resulting in lost money for coaches and the organization.
We created Bookings to simplify the management of private training or group lessons. Using Bookings, you can save time with a streamlined youth sports registration setup. Players also save time by easily finding lessons they want and booking however many they want straight from their phones (or computers).
Other ways Bookings can make your life as an organizer easier:
- Setting a predetermined date and time clearly communicates coaches’ availability
- Eliminating any confusion around location and expectations with email reminders and calendar alerts
- Using capacity limits to provide 1-on-1 training or allow any number of registrants for group sessions
- Setting price points that align with a lesson’s duration or the instructor’s fees
Are you interested in simplifying the private lesson process for your customers? Talk to someone at LeagueApps today.
To get the inside scoop on how other organizers are managing their private lesson registrations (and everything else in the youth sports world), join our NextUp Community on Slack!