Why We Work at LeagueApps
October 28, 2014
LeagueApps is not your average startup. We spend our days talking to Little League presidents, club sports directors, social sports organizers, and everything in between. And we do it with one central goal in mind: To improve the world of participatory sports from the ground up. Our work is challenging, hectic, gritty, and yes, fun. So this week, the team decided to reflect on our experience at LeagueApps and share a couple of the reasons why we love working here.
LeagueApps Top 10
1. Being challenged every day to make things happen. At a growing start-up, delivering results is the biggest challenge, but it’s also our greatest motivation. The thrill of this challenge is what keeps our team coming to work and loving what we do every day.
2. LeagueApps OTA’s – Our NFL-inspired Organized Team Activities. Twice a year, the whole team steps back from daily operations to gather together, discuss how we can improve as a company, and plan for the future.
3. No dress code. Things are pretty casual over at LeagueApps, and that’s the way we like it. Although, some like to push the limits more than others.
4. SportsCenter is on 24/7. As a sports technology company, sports are kind of a big deal around here. So we like to stay up-to-date on what’s happening in the world of sports. But if music is more you’re thing, we always have our JamBox pumping to keep the energy up throughout the day.
5. The close-knit work environment. LeagueApps may be growing, but we are very much still a start-up. Our office is what some would call “cozy,” and with fewer than 20 people in our NYC headquarters, we know each other pretty well. The good news is, we also really like each other.
6. Speaker series. Every month, we invite industry veterans to visit our office to share their knowledge around sales, technology, business and everything in between. This summer, ESPN’s Tom Farrey led us in a discussion about the evolution of youth sports in America.
7. Being able to rock a mohawk and still be taken seriously. Not everyone can pull it off, but with UX design skills like Jeff Doan, we allow it.
8. LeagueApp-athon. At this summer’s OTA’s we held our most successful “hack-athon yet”. Check out some of the work we accomplished.
9. Team outings! Every couple of weeks, the team gets to take off for some well-deserved fun. Happy hours, bubble soccer, and trips to Chelsea Piers are all fair game.
10. Making a real difference in the lives of our partners. When our partners go out of their way to tell us how much we’ve improved their lives, all of our hard work is worth it. We’re building the best local sports company in the world.
Think you have what it takes to work at LeagueApps?
If this sounds like your dream company, then get in touch! We’re actively looking to find the right players to join our team. Use your resume, online profiles, presentation skills and persistence to prove it. Send us an email at email@example.com or apply online for any of our open positions.