NextUp Live S1E3: Talking Youth Sports With Laureus Sport for Good
By Melissa Wickes
August 23, 2021
This video series features the inspirational people, news, and happenings around the industry.
Today, I am thrilled to be joined by Ben Schornack, the Chicago program officer at Laureus Sport for Good USA.
Sustained Funding for Youth Sports
Many of you may know that I was the CEO at Laureus, where I worked to support the mission to improve the lives of youth and unite communities through the power of sport.
That’s why it’s my pleasure to talk with Ben about Chicago’s Comeback, their initiative that encourages Chicagoans to sign a Letter of Support calling on the city’s stakeholders to prioritize funding for organizations that are using the power of sport to fight back against the challenges posed to youth in the past year.
We go into detail about what they did, how they did it, and what some of the results were, as well as the following:
- The mural (We Play, We Heal, We Grow!) that was curated as part of this comeback initiative.
- How Laureus envisions Chicago’s Comeback serving as a model for the ways legislators can prioritize equitable access to high-quality local and youth sports development programs.
- The importance of global brands demonstrating their support for funding sports-based development programs that provide social and emotional learning skills.
- How other organizations can get involved.
- What’s next up for Sport for Good Chicago.
Support Chicago’s Comeback With Laureus
We encourage everyone to join LeagueApps in supporting Sport for Good Chicago through Chicago’s Comeback. You can visit their website and learn more about how to support them and youth sports in your local areas.
And be sure to subscribe to the LeaugeApps YouTube channel, where you will see a new episode of NextUp Live every week.