NextUp Live S1E2: Talking Youth Sports with Ripken Baseball
By Melissa Wickes
August 16, 2021
Welcome to NextUp Live, the LeagueApps-powered community and professional development platform for local and youth sports leaders.
This video series features the inspirational people, news, and happenings around the industry.
Today, I am thrilled to be joined by Mike Kenney, executive vice president at Ripken Baseball.
(Click here if you can’t play the video above.)
Mike joined Ripken Baseball just six months before the pandemic hit and he and his team had to scramble to figure out how to not just comply with CDC regulations but to evolve their youth sports experiences and the vision of Bill and Cal Ripken.
During this episode, we discuss what they did last year, along with their vision of the future of youth sports—baseball, softball, and other sports—and how Ripken Select Tournaments are bringing the touring experience to families within driving distance across the country.
NextUp Live S1E2: Talking With Ripken Baseball
When watching this conversation with Mike, you will learn:
- The vision Bill and Cal have for Ripken Baseball, which plays off the teachings of their dad
- How Ripken Baseball has worked to plan and execute its world-class experiences despite the pandemic
- Where opportunities lie to create a better culture so every kid has access to the power of sport
- How a partnership with LeagueApps helps support Ripken Baseball through technology and community building
- The typical number of sports the average Olympic athlete play during high school and college
- What they are doing with Ripken Select Tournaments and what their vision is for 2022 and beyond
- What’s next up for Ripken Baseball and youth sports
The Future of Youth Sports and Ripken Baseball
Be sure to check out the new Ripken Baseball website (which we created!) and their amazing agenda of sports experiences in 2022.
And be sure to subscribe to the LeaugeApps YouTube channel, where you will see a new episode of NextUp Live every week.