NextUp Live S1E5: Talking NIL With Pro Skills Basketball
September 7, 2021
< 1 min
Welcome to the latest episode of NextUp Live!
This new interview series from LeagueApps and our NextUp community, features inspiring stories from people, news, and happenings around the industry.
Talking NIL With Pro Skills Basketball
A couple of weeks ago, The New York Times did a piece on NIL that talks about the potential impact it could have on high school sports. Because Pro Skills works with youth interested in basketball, and because much of what NIL affects right now is basketball and football, I wanted to get Brendan’s opinion on the immediate downstream impacts that might have on youth sports.
We also discuss:
- What top basketball recruit Mikey Williams and top quarterback Quinn Ewers are doing to make themselves eligible to sign endorsement deals that could pay them millions.
- Whether or not this will lead to more kids focusing exclusively on club sports and how such a movement impacts the state of scholastic sports.
- Many of these NIL opportunities initially center around social media, TikTok, Twitter, and Instagram and how these opportunities are leveraged to amplify Pro Skills and its mission.
- If this changes the way youth sports organizations work directly with brands.
- What’s next up for Pro Skills through the rest of the year and into 2022.
Learn More About Pro Skills
Pro Skills Basketball offers a professional youth basketball experience through club teams, camps, and clinics. They’re looking to open more locations so if they don’t yet have one near you, check back in the next few months!
And be sure to subscribe to the LeaugeApps YouTube channel, where you will see a new episode of NextUp Live every week.