LeagueApps Is Recruiting Sales All-Stars. Is This You?
April 1, 2013
The famous baseball manager Casey Stengel once said “Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play together as a team is another story”. Unlike Casey, we don’t have Mickey Mantle sitting in our office, but we do agree with Mr. Stengel that it’s essential to find great talent and make sure they fit in while also improving our team. Check out our current LeagueApps team roster.
The Partnership Sales Specialist role is an inside sales position for LeagueApps in our New York City office. You will join a team responsible for introducing the LeagueApps platform to local sports organizations and finding the right partners to join our platform and network. LeagueApps has spent years developing a software solution to bring value and benefit to sports organizers and their participants. We’re focused on building relationships with these organizations to understand how they operate and help figure out how LeagueApps can be configured to be a valuable solution. Jeff, our Director of Sales, does a good job explaining how our sales team enjoys interacting with league partners.
The Scouting Report
The LeagueApps Partnership Sales Specialist is an energetic, self-motivated individual with some sales experience that can help drive growth of the LeagueApps platform and partner base. You are a hunter and a closer. You will acquire sports organizations for the LeagueApps platform by identifying and qualifying new business opportunities through telephone, e-mail, web, social media, SMS and and in-person meetings. You are comfortable selling software/technology solutions (SaaS) to small or medium sized local businesses. You love everything about sports and can/will speak with passionate sports organizers all day long. Every day!
The Sales Partnership Specialist has specific responsibilities within the team. We’ve drilled down this exact role to highlight the daily and weekly activities and tasks necessary to be successful.
- Develop and cultivate leads for the sales pipeline
- Introduce and share the LeagueApps platform, products, value proposition, competitive advantages, resources and processes with prospects via email, chat, phone calls, in-person meetings, and other unique & creative ways!
- Present an engaging live, online, interactive product demo
- Understand solution requirements and manage basic implementation to ensure high levels of service to clients
- Listen to, identify and understand customer objectives and develop specific solution(s) for their needs
- Assist in development of local marketing initiatives
- Participate in local sports and recreation industry events. Maintain knowledge of competition.
- Be a teammate. Work in conjunction with all team members across product, business development, account management and engineering
- Likes, Needs, to Win
The most important requirements are to have passion, energy and motivation. We’re looking for those crazy folks that are mad about sports, digital and entrepreneurship AND loves to sell. A few other “requirements” that often indicate success for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, good team player & motivator
- Ability to plan ahead, meet appropriate deadlines and work independently on projects
- Thorough understanding of digital software products, marketing and local sports business
- Able to hit ground running and perfect LeagueApps software demo within two weeks
- Technology enthusiast – What blogs do you read? What gadgets do you have?
- Sports enthusiast – What sports are you playing now?
- Clear Eyes, Full Hearts
This role is also only available in our NYC office. We need our sales team interacting with our entire team throughout the day and the best way to do that is to have them all in our pod.
Are You Interested?
If you think this position is right for you then sell us on that! We’re actively looking to find the right player for the role and for our team. Use your resume, online profiles, presentation skills and persistence to prove it. We’re easy to get in touch with (as easy as any league organizer) through email, phone or social media.
If you know of someone that might be a good fit for the role please let us know that as well or have them apply now. We’ll appreciate the assist!
Also, there are other roles available at LeagueApps. Check out all our open positions here.